Vision, Mission Statement and Key Values
Our vision is to create affordable, secure, quality housing for low income earners as an alternative to home ownership.
The Williamstown Rental Housing Co-operative Ltd. is a not-for-profit tenant-managed Housing Provider that offers the security of permanent, affordable, quality rental homes to low income Victorian families.
The Cooperative has adopted the following values:
- Affordable/Quality Housing: To ensure all members of the Co-op are housed to a set standard in affordable housing based on income structure.
- Community Building: To embrace cultural diversity and equality by empowering members to develop a sense of belonging within the community.
- Accountability: Maintaining honest, transparent processes for making decisions and following the legal requirements of the Director of Housing and Housing Registrar.
- Co-operation: Consulting and informing our members to ensure the decision making process is equal, and engaging with other Cooperatives and likeminded organisations for the improvement of services and support to members.
- Independence: Valuing and preserving the independence of our housing co-operative.
- Knowledge and Skill Sharing: Sharing of skills based on the educational needs of the members and the direction of the Co-op.
- Reciprocity: Each member according to her/his capacity commits to contributing to the life of the Cooperative and is supported to do so, thereby increasing the benefits to all members.